|Recipe Details|| |
|Posted on||30, Dec 2011|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
|Post Views||1526 Views|
|Post Rating||3.6 out of 5, from 7 votes|
- Parippu(Green gram split/Moong dal) - 100 Gms
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Green chilli - 1 Nos
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Shallows - 4 Nos
- Mustard seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- curry leaves - 5 Nos
- Water - 1 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cook the Moong dal in a pressure cooker along with 1 1/2 cup water and salt till 5 whistles.
- take 1 tablespoon coconut and keep it aside
- Grind the remaining coconut, green chilli,cumin seeds, turmeric powder, garlic, two shallots in a mixer.
- Add this mix with the cooked dal and stir well keeping it in a low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- When its hot switch off the flame.
- Chop the remaining shallots. In a pan, put some oil and add mustard.
- When the mustard seeds pops up, add the chopped shallots, curry leaves and the 1 tablespoon coconut.
- Fry till the coconut is golden brown.
- Add the fried coconut in the dal and mix well.
ഉടന് വരുന്നു ............